UFC 117 Post Fight Press Conference – Anderson Silva defeated Chael Sonnen in one of UFC’s longest match (Watch UFC 117 Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen fight video here). The match ended with a triangle choke submission move by Silva at at 3:10 of round 5 to retain the UFC Middleweight Championship.
The UFC 117 Post Fight Press Conference which was lated held after the fight started without Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva, but they came in midway.
It seems than Chael Sonnen wanted to have a rematch for Anderson Silva which he might just get sometime soon. Sonnen said that no matter if its UFC 205, he will get the chance to fight Silva again.
“Fighting Anderson Silva is like eating Chinese food. Twenty minutes after I do it, I’m gonna want to do it again,” said Silva.
It seems that the UFC 117 Post Fight Press Conference shows the respect between the two great Ultimate Fighting Championship fighters and perhaps the two might just get a rematch soon.
Here are some of the highlight of the UFC 117 Post Fight Press Conference between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen.
– Someone spoke to Anderson Silva in Portuguese and Silva answered in Portuguese. No one translated in English. Dana asked Chael to decipher. Chael said that Silva wants to fight a rematch and do the reality show and they’ll do big ratings. Everyone laughed.
– A Chael quote: “Fighting Anderson Silva is like eating Chinese food. Twenty minutes after I do it, I’m gonna want to do it again.”
– Sonnen said he wouldn’t do anything differently and he’s not the type of guy to issue apologies. He said his heart was broken. It hurts really bad. He’s a good fighter and he found a way to win. That’s what champions do.
– Sonnen said when he talks, it’s like a bomb going off and everyone around will get dirty. He said that everyone else should apologize except for him because if you get a mic in your face and say anything except that you want to champion, you should get a pink slip from Joe Silva. He said that if he has to go to 205 and do it, he will, or he’ll go on a diet and go after Jose Aldo. That’s just who he is.
– Silva said he wanted to finish this fight by submission as a sign of respect to Big Nog. He said that two weeks ago he injured his rib and the doctor didn’t want him to fight, but he did.
– Silva said he didn’t underestimate Chael, but the way he promoted the fight was a bit weird. But it’s all good now that it’s over. He still has work to do to help his guys out for their fights like Fajao and the Nog brothers, then he’ll go home and spend time with his family before thinking about anything else.
– Chael said he will think about this when he goes to bed at night. He doesn’t second guess staying busy because he had to control the position. “It’s a fist fight in Oakland, CA in the middle of a cage.”
– Dana said Chael talked a lot of smack and backed every bit of it up.
– Anderson Silva said that he didn’t have anything against Chael. This is a sport. What happens inside the ring is in the fight. What ever is outside is in the past. He respects Chael and all of his opponents. The UFC is like a family. They should go outside and fight other organizations to show they are the best. Sometimes they have to fight their family.
– Chael said he doesn’t hold anything against Anderson, but the truth is, if the commission allowed it and Dana moved out of the way, he’d fight him again right now.
– Chael said that Anderson won tonight, he was the better guy.
For the rest of the notes on the UFC 117 Post Fight Press Conference you can visit THIS SITE.
You can watch the UFC 117 Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen fight video here.To receive updates from WWNN.co.uk directly to your e-mail, you can subscribe to us for free by entering your e-mail address here and confirming your subscription by clicking the link that will be sent to your e-mail address.